Premises liability law requires all property owners to keep their property in a reasonably safe condition for any person who has a legitimate and legal right to be on that property. If a property owner of any kind fails to warn visitors of an unsafe area or fails to correct a dangerous or hazardous area, they might have a legal responsibility to compensate victims who suffer injuries or losses related to a slip and fall accident on their property. Premises liability claims involving slip and fall injuries can be inherently complex and legally challenging.
Consider contacting our legal team at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm at (800) 223-5115 to learn how a Beverly Hills slip and fall lawyer can provide you with the legal counsel that can help you pursue compensation for your injuries and losses. Call us to schedule a free consultation.
Building a Slip and Fall Injury Case
If you suffered an accident involving a slip and fall on someone else’s property and you need to file a claim with their insurance company to receive compensation, you would need to prove the accident was due to their negligence. Some of the ways to build a slip and fall injury case include the following:
- Take photographs of the slip and fall accident scene.
- Recommend to the witness that they keep the shoes and clothing they wore during the time of the slip and fall accident in a safe location and not to use the shoes or clothing as they could be somehow used as evidence at a later time
- Contact and interview witnesses who directly saw the slip and fall accident occur.
- Interview the management or property owner regarding the slip and fall accident to determine if they had prior knowledge of the unsafe condition on their property.
- Request copies of video surveillance footage, if possible, during the time of the slip and fall accident.
- Request information about previous slip and fall accidents on the property or any complaints regarding the safety of the property.
- Request information from the property owner regarding what inspections the owners perform regarding the property on a routine basis.
- Examine public records to determine if the property has ever received health or safety code violations in the past.
- Consult with an accident reconstruction specialist to determine if their opinion can help determine the cause of the slip and fall accident.
If you suffered injuries related to a slip and fall accident due to a property owner’s negligence, call our legal team today. We can explain how a Beverly Hills slip and fall lawyer can help you collect evidence and information you need to build a premises liability case, and you can get your questions answered.
Examples of Areas in Which Slip and Fall Injuries Occur
No two slip and fall accidents are exactly the same, and each has its own unique facts and circumstances. However, many victims of these kinds of accidents suffer severe injuries. If you have not yet received a medical evaluation from a health care professional following your slip and fall accident, you should do so as soon as possible. Slip and fall accident injuries can occur from the following:
- Staircases with broken stairs or poorly maintained railings
- Steps in unexpected areas with no warning signs
- Warning signs for slippery areas recently cleaned after a spill on the floor
- Carpets or rugs that remain unsecured
- Electrical cords that are not taped down or properly secured to a wall
- Uneven or cracked pavements, walkways, or parking lots
- Insufficient lighting in common walkways, hallways, parking lots, or stairwells
Slip and fall accidents are extremely common, and up to a million people visit emergency rooms yearly as a result of slip and fall injuries, according to research published by the National Floor Safety Institute (NFSI) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
If you suffered injuries in a slip and fall accident, you are not alone. Again, you should seek medical attention as soon as possible following a slip and fall accident. Some injuries remain concealed for some time after an accident due to adrenaline or the victim remaining in a state of shock. A medical professional will have the ability and experience to determine if any serious or life-threatening injuries need immediate medical attention.
For a free legal consultation with a Slip and Fall Injury Lawyer serving Beverly Hills, call (800) 223-5115
Compensation for Victims of Slip and Fall Accidents
If an investigation determines that your slip and fall accident was the direct result of a property owner’s negligence, you may have the legal right to pursue compensation for your injuries and losses. Compensation can vary between victims and depends directly on the types of injuries and losses they suffer. Some of the types of compensation a victim could have the ability to pursue include the following losses:
- Medical expenses, future medical expenses, and bills related to your injury
- Lost wages, loss of future wages, and other employee benefits lost as a result of your injury and your inability to return to work
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Punitive damages (if the inaction or action of the property owner was particularly egregious)
Some of these types of compensation, such as pain and suffering, can prove legally challenging to determine because they do not have a dollar amount. A Beverly Hills slip and fall lawyer can help you understand the compensation you may have the legal right to pursue that would cover the losses in your case.
An attorney can also handle all communications with an insurance company that involves you receiving a fair settlement. If negotiations do not work out, an attorney can file your case in court. California’s statute of limitations sets a two-year deadline on personal injury cases, per California Code of Civil Procedure (CCP) § 335.1. If this deadline expires before you file your case, you likely will lose your right to seek compensation. Two years sounds like a good amount of time, but your lawyer will need it to help you build a case that supports your claims. An attorney will also make sure to file your case on time.
If you are ready to get started on your case, we are ready to start working for you. Call Pintas & Mullins Law Firm today for a free consultation.
Beverly Hills Slip and Fall Injury Lawyer Near Me (800) 223-5115
How a Beverly Hills Slip and Fall Lawyer Can Help Your Case
Following a slip and fall accident, you likely feel overwhelmed with questions regarding how long your injuries will last, when you can return to work, and how you should go about receiving compensation for your injuries and losses.
Pintas & Mullins Law Firm at (800) 223-5115 can answer your questions, help you determine if you have a strong premises liability case, and how to go about seeking compensation under the law. Call us today to schedule your free case evaluation.