If you sustain serious injuries from a truck accident involving a big rig, it can prove challenging to secure the financial compensation you and your family require to recover from your losses. Such cases can quickly become complicated, as multiple parties may bear responsibility for the accident.
Insurance adjusters and investigators who work for the trucking company will aim to protect their interests. Seeking legal representation may help when it comes to protecting your rights and may ensure you receive a fair settlement for your injuries.
Pintas & Mullins Law Firm is dedicated to helping people whose lives have suffered due to a big rig trucking collision caused by another’s negligence. They understand how severe the injuries can become far-reaching consequences they can have on your everyday life and financial status.
If you suffered injuries in a big rig truck accident and need legal assistance, find out how an Aurora big rig truck accident lawyer may help you today. Call us at (800) 794-0444.
Serious Injury and Fatalities from Large Truck Collisions
Findings from the 2017 Large Truck and Bus Crash Facts report by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) show that accidents involving large trucks have serious consequences.
Fortunately, Illinois law provides victims of truck accidents with important rights to help recover compensation for injury and other economic losses following such a devastating event. You may qualify to pursue compensation to help meet the costs of:
- Current and future medical bills
- Ongoing rehabilitation
- Pain, suffering, and inconvenience
- Lost wages
- Reduced future earning capacity
- Emotional distress
- Permanent disability or disfigurement
- Wrongful death
To find out if filing a truck accident claim may help you and your family, contact an Aurora big rig truck accident lawyer who may offer advice on your available courses of legal action.
Causes of Big Rig Truck Accidents
While most large truck operators include responsible drivers, some drivers may cause an accident for a variety of reasons. Other parties can also bear liability for negligence that results in a serious collision, such as the haulage company, the truck manufacturer, the cargo owner, or third-party fleet maintenance firms.
The FMCSA has released a Report to Congress on the Large Truck Crash Causation Study, highlighting some factors that result in truck accidents. Leading causes cited include:
- Brake failure: Trucking companies or fleet maintenance contractors remain responsible for ensuring brakes and other mechanical parts receive proper maintenance.
- Reckless driving: When a driver falls under pressure from their employer to meet unrealistic targets, they may drive recklessly or drive outside of the regulations for adequate rest periods.
- Fatigue: An overtired truck driver could experience lapses in judgment, or in some devastating cases, fall asleep at the wheel and cause a disastrous accident.
- Inexperienced drivers: When haulage companies have heavy demands placed on them to deliver cargo, they may employ ad-hoc agency workers who do not have the appropriate training to operate the vehicle safely.
- OTC drug use: Truck drivers often take over-the-counter stimulants or drugs to stay awake for more extended periods, which can mean they are not making enough breaks during their shift.
- Tire problems: Trucking companies may attempt to save money by using cheaply made tires and fail to maintain them properly.
While this opens further avenues in which you can seek compensation, it also adds complexity.
Pintas & Mullins Law Firm handle accidents involving big rig trucks and may guide and support you throughout the claim process. If you would like a free case review, call for advice about your legal options today by dialing (800) 794-0444.
For a free legal consultation with a Big Rig Truck Accidents Lawyer serving Aurora, call (800) 794-0444
A Detailed Investigation May Make a Difference
Proving who bears responsibility for your accident can involve a lengthy, costly, and complicated process. Claims and lawsuits require evidence to support your case, and you may remain too injured or shocked to gather evidence in the aftermath of such a severe incident. An Aurora big rig truck accident lawyer may help you in the discovery stage of your case.
Working alongside our legal team means we will help you to collect and preserve crucial evidence that may strengthen your case. We may help you to obtain details about:
- The truck driver’s license and other qualifications or training (or lack of)
- Police accident reports
- Witness names and contact information
- Fleet maintenance documentation and history
- Data from the black box installed on the truck
- Employer details and information about their staff hiring background checks
- Insurance company information
We may also offer further assistance by negotiating with insurance adjusters on your behalf to ensure your rights are protected. We will look in detail at every way the accident has affected your life to estimate the total value of your losses, and compare this to any offers from the insurance adjusters. You deserve a fair settlement.
Aurora Big Rig Truck Accidents Lawyer Near Me (800) 794-0444
Seek Help from a Seasoned Legal Team Today
Pintas & Mullins Law Firm wants to help take on the burden of a complex big rig truck accident lawsuit during these difficulties you and your family are facing. We may take the fight to the trucking companies and their insurance adjusters so that you can focus on your recovery.
Going up against trucking companies can prove expensive, but we will only charge fees after recovering a settlement for you. Our contingency-fee-basis helps victims of these accidents access legal representation from an Aurora big rig truck accident lawyer without any up-front costs.
Act quickly in order to retain your right to file a claim under Illinois state personal injury statute of limitations. Seek justice today and call our law offices for a free case evaluation by dialing (800) 794-0444.