Vehicle accidents can change your life in many negative ways, and in some cases, another party was at fault.
If you or a loved one were involved in an accident with a driver going the wrong way, you could be eligible for financial compensation. Every case is different, so it could be beneficial for you to work with an Aurora wrong-way accident lawyer if you are interested in learning more about your options.
The team at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm is available to help. Give a member of our team a call today at (800) 223-5115 to learn more about what you can do next to pursue the compensation you deserve.
Vehicle Accidents in the United States
Vehicle accidents in the United States are a leading cause of injury, death, and property loss every year. According to the Bureau of Transportation Statistics (BTS), there were over 36,000 casualties related to motor vehicles in 2018 alone. Additionally, the Insurance Information Institute (III) reported that more than 1.8 million people were injured in accidents during that same year, from more than 6.7 million accidents.
One cause of motor vehicle accidents is when a driver goes the wrong way. While there are many reasons why this could happen, if you were the victim of a wrong-way accident, your life could be impacted in many negative ways.
Common Causes of Wrong-Way Accidents
The Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) defines wrong-way driving as when a vehicle is traveling in a direction opposing the legal flow of traffic and other vehicles. Wrong-way driving can lead to very serious accidents. If you or a loved one was the victim of a wrong-way crash, there are several reasons why a driver could have ended up traveling in the wrong direction, including but not limited to:
- Inexperience: If another driver was inexperienced, this could put you in danger. Inexperience can lead to mistakes like driving the wrong way on the road, and this could be a possible cause of your accident.
- Distracted driving: Cell phones, navigation systems, and other forms of technology have made distracted driving a more prevalent problem than ever. Any type of behavior that distracts attention away from the road can result in driving errors that have devastating effects. If you or a loved one was the victim of a wrong-way accident, distracted driving could have played a role.
- Impaired driving: If a driver is impaired due to substance abuse, or perhaps confused or disoriented, this could cause them to drive in the wrong direction. Any driver lacking the ability to safely operate a vehicle should refrain from taking to the road. Failure to do so is a form of negligence possibly punishable by law, and you could have legal options as the victim.
- Obstructed signage: Road signs are important for directing traffic, and sometimes an obstructed sign can lead to driving errors. If a sign indicating the direction of traffic is missing or obscured, this oversight can lead to wrong-way accidents.
- Weather conditions: Weather conditions can sometimes make it difficult to see lanes, signs, and other important markers on the road. It is possible that weather conditions contributed to your accident.
Every case is unique, and sometimes there could be multiple factors that lead to a wrong-way accident, but if you were involved in a wrong-way accident, you could be entitled to compensation. It may be beneficial for you to discuss your case with a lawyer. To learn more about your options during a free case review, contact Pintas & Mullins Law Firm to see how an Aurora wrong-way accident lawyer can help you with your case.
For a free legal consultation with a Wrong-Way Accidents Lawyer serving Aurora, call (800) 794-0444
How an Accident Can Affect Your Life
Experiencing a traumatic event such as a wrong-way driving accident can profoundly change your life. You could suffer emotional effects, physical injuries, and property damage or loss. Some victims experience ongoing medical issues that require several trips to the doctor and seemingly endless medical bills. You could even be left without a method of transportation or with a disability that can affect your ability to work and earn wages. In tragic cases, wrong-way accidents can even be fatal.
You may feel as though your life is in pieces after an accident, but as you strive each day to recover, it is also important to remember that you could have legal options available. Taking legal action is not for everyone, but some victims find that pursuing justice through compensation can make for an easier road ahead.
Aurora Wrong-Way Accidents Lawyer Near Me (800) 794-0444
Depending on your situation, you could be entitled to various types of compensation following a successful legal claim. If a wrong-way accident was the fault of another party, you could possibly recover:
- Reimbursement for medical expenses related to your accident
- Reimbursement for legal fees
- Compensation for vehicle or property loss and damage
- Reimbursement for lost wages
- Damages for pain and emotional suffering incurred from your accident
- Damages for wrongful death caused by a driver going the wrong way
Remember that there is a statute of limitations for vehicle accident legal claims, so if you are even considering taking legal action, it could be in your best interest to contact a law firm for help today.
Click to contact our Wrong-Way Accidents Lawyers today
Contact Us Today
Filing a legal claim can be stressful and confusing, especially while you are juggling the challenges of recovering from an accident. The team at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm is available to help walk you through the process and answer any questions you may have.
Reviewing your case with an Aurora wrong-way accident lawyer could help you make an educated decision on whether or not legal action is right for you. Do not miss out on your opportunity for justice. Call (800) 223-5115 today to learn more about your legal options.