Most drivers on the roadways approach intersections multiple times during the course of their trip. While any intersection has dangers, if every motorist makes sure to obey traffic signals, stop signs, and the rules of the road, there should never be an accident. Unfortunately, many drivers operate motor vehicles carelessly and negligently, resulting in intersection accidents with serious injuries or even death.
According to research published by the Federal Highway Administration (FHWA), 40% of the accidents that occur in the United States happen at intersections. If you experienced an accident at an intersection due to someone else’s negligence, you may have the legal right to pursue compensation for your injuries and losses. Consider visiting with an Aurora dangerous intersection accident lawyer at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm at (800) 223-5115 to learn more about your legal right to build a personal injury case against the negligent party and receive justice for your injuries and losses.
Causes of Car Accidents at Dangerous Intersections
Most car accidents that occur at dangerous intersections are the result of driver error and negligence. Some of the common causes of car accidents at dangerous intersections in Illinois include the following:
- Failing to come to a full and complete stop, or failing to follow the laws of the road
- Driving while drowsy and therefore failing to give full attention to the situation and circumstances of the intersection
- Failing to check all blind spots and mirrors, as well as all traffic to ensure that turning left or right can occur without danger
- Failing to appropriately judge a gap in traffic when turning left due to hurriedness or inattention
- Failing to carefully monitor the surroundings of the intersection to determine whether it remains safe to turn left, right, or go directly through the intersection
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Driving while distracted and failing to carefully determine if the way remains clear and safe to travel through the intersection
- Driving aggressively or speeding through an intersection without having the ability to safely stop or ensure that there are no other drivers going through the intersection
- Elderly drivers becoming disoriented or confused at intersections and unsure who has the legal right to go through the intersection first
If you experienced a car accident at an intersection, visiting with an Aurora dangerous intersection accident lawyer at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm can help you determine if you need an independent investigation to prove negligence and move forward to receive compensation for your injuries and losses.
Types of Accidents at Dangerous Intersections
Some of the types of accidents that may occur at dangerous intersections include the following:
- Rear-end collisions (when the driver behind a vehicle remains distracted, drowsy, or under the influence of drugs or alcohol)
- Side-impact collisions (when drivers make illegal turns or turns without proper monitoring of their surroundings)
- Head-on collision (if the driver swerves into the other lane)
Each of these types of accidents at dangerous intersections can result in serious injuries or even death.
For a free legal consultation with a Dangerous Intersection Accidents Lawyer serving Aurora, call (800) 794-0444
Compensation for Accidents at Dangerous Intersections
Every accident involving vehicles at dangerous intersections will have their own unique set of facts and circumstances. However, some of the types of compensation a victim of a car accident can potentially receive can include the following:
If you suffered injuries in an accident at a dangerous intersection, you may have needed transportation by ambulance, emergency room care, hospitalization, surgeries, diagnostic testing, medical therapies, prescription medications, medical devices, and ongoing physical therapy or other types of treatments. Additionally, many victims of serious accidents suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder, according to the National Center for Biotechnology Information (NCBI). Victims have the ability to receive compensation for both physical and psychological injuries following their car accident at a dangerous intersection resulting from someone else’s negligence.
Loss of Wages
If a victim suffers serious physical or psychological injuries as a result of a car accident at a dangerous intersection, they may have an inability to return to work as a result of their injuries. Many injuries suffered by victims of car accidents take weeks, months, or even years to heal. During this time, a victim will lose their ability to work resulting in lost wages. However, lost wages do not necessarily only include salary and actual hourly pay, but can also include lost bonuses, lost promotions, lost employee contributions, lost pension contributions, missed training opportunities, and more. If the injuries are serious enough, a victim may lose the ability to work in the future resulting in the loss of future wages as well.
You likely suffered property damage to your vehicle as a result of your accident in a dangerous intersection. Victims have the legal right to pursue compensation for the repair or replacement of their vehicle.
Pain and Suffering
Many victims of car accidents have the ability to pursue compensation for pain and suffering related to their injuries suffered from their dangerous intersection accident. These calculations often prove legally complex and challenging. Visiting with a lawyer can help you better understand how much compensation for pain and suffering you may have the legal right to pursue.
Aurora Dangerous Intersection Accidents Lawyer Near Me (800) 794-0444
How an Aurora Dangerous Intersection Accident Lawyer Can Help
You may feel overwhelmed after your accident at a dangerous intersection. It is important to understand that time is of the essence, as the state of Illinois has a specific statute of limitations that limits a victim’s ability to file a claim after a certain period of time. Consider visiting with an Aurora dangerous intersection accident lawyer at Pintas & Mullins Law Firm at (800) 223-5115 to learn more about your legal rights and how you may have the ability to receive compensation for your medical bills, loss of wages, loss of future wages, property damage and pain and suffering following your dangerous intersection accident.