You should not suffer financially for someone’s reckless or negligent behavior that caused you injuries in a bus accident.
Bus drivers should take reasonable measures to protect the safety and security of their passengers, in addition to pedestrians, bicyclists, motorcycle riders, and motorists.
An Arlington Heights bus truck accident lawyer can take care of pursuing compensation. We help you on a contingency basis only. You pay nothing upfront, and we only collect payment if we recover compensation for you.
Call Pintas & Mullins Law Firm today for a free, no-risk consultation. You can reach us at (800) 794-0444.
How to Protect Your Rights After a Bus Accident
If you or a loved one was hurt in a bus accident that was not your fault, you deserve to know your rights. You could be awarded for losses, such as medical bills, lost wages, and other expenses, as well as for your pain and suffering.
Holding a bus company or other defendant accountable is a complex process. An Arlington Heights bus truck accident lawyer can protect your rights and guide you through various options for pursuing recovery, including:
- Identifying all liable parties.
- Gathering evidence to establish negligence.
- Filing a claim with the liable party’s insurance company.
We do all we can to successfully resolve the situation in your favor without legal action; however, Pintas & Mullins Law Firm will take your case to court if settlement negotiations do not result in fair compensation.
Why You Should Act Now
Your injuries may take a long time to heal, but you only have a short time for legal action. We offer free consultations so we can get to work on your potential case immediately while you are recuperating.
You have two years to file a personal injury lawsuit under the Illinois Code of Civil Procedures 735 ILCS 5. It takes time to gather evidence, call witnesses, and prepare a case. You want to give your case the time it deserves.
Reach out to Pintas & Mullins Law Firm today if you were injured in a bus accident. Call us at (800) 794-0444 as soon as possible to secure your legal rights.
For a free legal consultation with a Bus Truck Accidents Lawyer serving Arlington Heights, call (800) 794-0444
Our Firm Accepts Bus Accidents
We accept bus accident cases, including those that involve:
- School buses
- City buses (public transportation)
- Motor coaches and charter buses
- Church buses
- Interstate and intrastate buses
Our lawyers can also help you recover losses if the accident involves a manufacturer’s defect or recall.
How Bus Accidents Happen
Like other motor vehicle accidents, bus collisions happen for a variety of reasons. Some prove entirely preventable and result from negligence, through a reckless act or a failure to act.
A bus accident can involve:
- Distracted driving (driver is texting, listening to the radio, or distracted in some other manner)
- Drowsy driving
- Drunk driving or driving under the influence of drugs
- Reckless driving, such as speeding or failing to yield
- Insufficient driver training, especially in poor weather conditions
An Arlington Heights bus truck accident lawyer can examine the details of your accident to determine liability. It is our goal to get you fair compensation for your physical and emotional injuries.
Arlington Heights Bus Truck Accidents Lawyer Near Me (800) 794-0444
How We Determine Who May Be Liable for Your Damages
We believe that you have suffered enough from someone’s reckless behavior. You should not have medical bills or other financial loss for an accident that was not your fault.
A lawyer with Pintas & Mullins Law Firm can seek evidence to show how the other party is responsible, including:
- On-board digital or electronic information systems
- Police or accident reports
- Photos or videos including red-light camera video
- Physical evidence such as debris, skid marks, and final resting place of your damaged vehicle
We may even request cell phone data to determine if the driver was texting at the time of the accident.
How Evidence Shows Liability
Proving negligence in a bus accident involves collecting evidence to show liability.
There are a few conditions of liability that must be met:
- Establish that the driver owed you a duty of care to take reasonable actions to avoid harming you.
- Determine how the driver breached this duty of care, such as running a red light.
- Show that this negligence caused your injuries (if the bus ran a red light and struck your vehicle).
- Prove that you have damages because of these injuries, such as medical bills, pain and suffering, and other losses.
Our firm takes care of these details while you focus on your health and well-being.
Click to contact our Bus Truck Accidents Lawyers today
What Damages May Be Awarded
Each case is different. Your specific damages will depend on the extent of your injuries and how they may affect your ability to work, go to school, or return to your daily routine.
Some damages for a bus accident may include:
- Medical treatment including ambulance and emergency care, hospitalization, specialists, prescription medicine, and other related medical costs
- Lost pay while you are recuperating from injuries
- Property damage including temporary transportation or rental car fees
- Pain and suffering
You might also be awarded for damages such as:
- Diminished earning capacity
- Lifecare expenses
- Mental anguish
- Loss of consortium, companionship, protection, or guidance
Our team members are committed to helping you avoid financial hardship because of another party’s negligent action.
Complete a Free Case Evaluation form now
If You Were Injured in a Bus Accident, Call Today
There were 116,000 accidents with injuries involving buses in 2017, according to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). If you or a loved one was injured in this type of collision and want to learn about potential compensation, call Pintas & Mullins Law Firm for a free consultation.
An Arlington Heights bus truck accident lawyer can help you hold the liable party accountable. Call (800) 794-0444 to speak with a member of our firm.