Navigating the Social Security Disability system can be difficult. Submitting forms, medical records and supporting documents can seem endless and complicated. In addition, submission errors or delays may jeopardize your application. A Social Security attorney can help you understand the process and maximize your chance of being approved for Social Security Disability benefits. An initial denial is common, even when a person is eligible for benefits. Whether you are retired or an accident rendered you disabled, you and your family may be entitled to receive monthly benefits.
Types of Social Security Disability Benefits
There are two types of social security disability benefits you can apply for:
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) is a benefit designed to help people with little to no income get money for basic needs like food, clothing and shelter. SSI pays benefits based on financial need, as the amount a person receives is based on their income and resources. The qualifications for receiving SSI specify that the applicant must be 65 or older, blind, disabled, and have a low income.
- Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) is a benefit designed to help people who are unable to work due to a long-term disability. SSDI pays benefits based on your work history and past earnings. The Social Security Administration considers a condition a disability if you are unable to do the work you previously did, you cannot adjust to doing other work, and the condition is long-term as it will last a year or more.
Contact Our Experienced Attorneys
If you have been denied Social Security benefits, we can help. The Pintas & Mullins Law Firm has a team of experienced social security lawyers to fight on your behalf. Our attorneys have helped our clients win their claims time and time again. If you have been wrongfully denied social security benefits or have had your benefits stopped by the Social Security Administration, contact us for a free no-obligation consultation today.
Visit this link to the Social Security Administration's website to access the current application for Social Security Disability benefits.
Visit this link to the Social Security Administration's website to access the current listing of impairments for adults that qualify for Social Security Disability Insurance.
Visit this link to the Social Security Administration's website for more information on how to appeal when your Social Security application has been rejected.
This website has a built-in tool that locates social security offices by zip code. It also includes information on retirement, Medicare, and disability benefits.
- Lung Cancer
- Nursing Home Injuries
- Drug Recalls & Warnings
- Avon Anew Products
- Byetta, Januvia, Janumet, Victoza
- Drugs Associated with Stevens - Johnson Syndrome
- GranuFlo and NaturaLyte Dialysis Products
- Nuva Ring
- SSRI / Anti-Depressants
- Testosterone Therapy
- Yaz, Yasmin and Ocella
- Defective Products & Medical Devices
- Medical Malpractice
- Accident & Injury
- Work Accidents
- Toxic Substances
- Other Case Types