Bicycle Accident Attorneys in Chicago
Representing Bike Accident Victims Nationwide Since 1985
Millions of people bike every day. From going green to saving on gas money to staying fit, the number of bicyclists continues to increase every year, calling for greater safety measures for cyclists. In 2012, the federal government spent nearly $854 million producing bike lanes and other similar projects for the benefit of bikers. Unfortunately, everyone is not ready to share the road. In 2011, around 48,000 bicyclists were injured during collisions with motor vehicles and over 675 bicyclists were killed.
Pintas & Mullins Law Firm understand that with the rise in popularity, cycling accidents will likely continue to increase as well. That's why our Chicago bicycle accident lawyers provide representation across the country – we travel to you for free! If you've been hurt in a bicycle accident or collision, now is the time to seek skilled and trusted representation. With 50+ years of combined experience, 24/7 availability, and 10,000+ cases under our belts, Pintas & Mullins Law Firm is the team you want behind your case. We know how to take on big insurance companies and thoroughly investigate personal injury cases, so do not hesitate to call our Illinois firm today.
We accept cases on a contingency fee basis, which means you don't pay unless we are successful in recovering compensation on your behalf. Call (888) 444-9136.
Injuries Due to Defective Bicycle Parts
Even the most cautious bicyclists are at the mercy of vehicles on the road. Although collisions between cyclists and vehicles cause the greatest injury, most bicycling accidents are solo crashes, resulting from mechanical and human failures.
When a defective product, such as faulty tires or brakes caused your bicycling accident, a financial recovery may be available. A manufacturer or company that sells a defective product is held responsible for the injuries suffered through a product liability case.
To succeed, the plaintiff must prove one of three claims:
- That the product was poorly designed and directly caused injury
- That the product manufacturer failed to warn of potential dangers
- That a defect in the product's manufacturing process caused the injury.
Proving these claims requires the investigative powers and legal expertise of a skilled lawyer.
After the Crash
The actions taken by bicyclists in the immediate aftermath of a crash are critical, and often have a significant impact on how much you are ultimately able to recover in a lawsuit.
Here are a few tips on what to do right after a crash:
- Report the Incident: Talk to police officers and inform them of your injuries and what occurred.
- Gather Information: Write down the driver's name and their vehicle information, including phone number, address, driver's license number and plate information.
- Get Names & Numbers: Obtain the name, address and phone numbers of any and all witnesses.
- Take Pictures: Document and photograph what happened, the extent of your injuries and damage to property.
- Visit Your Doctor: Even if your injuries are minor, seek immediate medical attention. Medical records are irrefutable proof that an injury occurred, and photos can be of great help as well.
- Leave Evidence Alone: If your bike is significantly damaged, do not have it fixed until your attorney has seen it. Take photos of damaged equipment, including helmets and clothing, and try to preserve the property in its damaged state.
Dealing with insurance companies can be particularly stressful. At Pintas & Mullins Law Firm, we handle all communication with the insurance companies. We strongly urge to restrain from communicating with the insurance company prior to speaking with a lawyer. Protect your rights to compensation – call our accident lawyers today.
Pintas & Mullins Law Firm Can Travel to You. Call (888) 444-9136.
If you were involved in a bicycle crash and suffered serious physical injuries, contacting an attorney is your best bet at recovering financially. It is important that you choose an attorney who is experienced and knowledgeable about bicycle and motor vehicle laws specifically. Our team of Chicago personal injury attorneys provide free consultations to clients nationwide.
Contact our firm today to discuss your accident. We can help you craft a compelling case for compensation!