Illinois Nursing Home Laws
Nursing Home Negligence or Abuse
Statute of Limitations 735 Ill. Comp. Stat. Ann. § 5/13-212(a)
- Two years from when the injury was discovered, or reasonably should have been discovered. Claim must be filed no later than four years from the date of injury.
Statute of Limitations 735 Ill. Comp. Stat. Ann. § 5/13-212
- Two years.
- Claim must be filed no later than four years from the date of injury.
- If under 18 when injury occurred, limitation period is eight years.
- No claim can be filed after the 22nd birthday.
Statute of Limitations 740 Ill. Comp. Stat. Ann. §180/2
- Two years from date of death.
- No punitive damages allowed in medical malpractice cases.
- Punitive damages are generally not recoverable in wrongful death or survival cases.
The information provided here was prepared by the Pintas & Mullins Law Firm for research and informational purposes only. It does not constitute legal advice or an attorney-client relationship. While we try to keep this information current, the law is subject to change and it may not be reflected here immediately.
The Pintas & Mullins Law Firm expressly disclaims all liability with respect to actions taken or not taken based on the information provided. If you have a legal question or problem, please consult an attorney immediately.